Wednesday, 1 May 2013

Playing Catch Up! Day 27: Lorem ipsum / Five dozen liquor jugs / have you one banana?

Perhaps you have not yet realised but I am also over on Wordpress - so if you've not yet changed your bookmark, do head over to Wordpress I don't want you to miss out on fun stuff ;)

I'm just going to post the posts from day 27 of the Ultimate Blog Challenge, so here goes...

Day 27: Lorem ipsum / Five dozen liquor jugs / have you one banana?

Have you ever come across Lorem Ipsum? Wondered if it is what it seems, a load of nonsense? It is mostly found in publishing and graphic design you see it sometimes where people are making a webpage which has been published to the web but the webmaster has not included some content with their own. Lorem ipsum is the placeholder (filler) text and demonstrates how that piece will look in regards to its typography, font and layout. The text is meaningless and so removes the distraction of reading it rather than working on the design!

Lorem ipsum itself is a selection of Latin text by Cicero, a Roman philosopher amongst other things. Words have been altered, removed or added so that it become nonsensical and thus not proper Latin. 
 The common form what you may see is:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

It is derived from Cicero's De finibus bonorum et malorum, (On the Boundaries of Goods and Evils, or alternatively [About] The Purposes of Good and Evil). With the original passage beginning Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit (Translation: "Neither is there anyone who loves pain itself since it is pain and thus wants to obtain it").

I thought I would pop this one in as I have spent a day in Rome. Yup a day in Rome. Left England at silly o'clock one day and came home the same evening, totally shattered but it was worth it.

IMG_2321 IMG_2323 IMG_2341 IMG_2352 IMG_2363 IMG_2370 IMG_2383 Scene from the Forum, Palatine Hill in the background IMG_2420 IMG_2441

I'm still thinking of doing the Myth in the Green & Roman worlds with the OU, next year though! Heading over to the faculty website, there is a section that includes Ovid and Holkham Hall - Holkham Hall being around 30 minutes or so from me here in Norfolk. One of the restaurants - The Globe Inn - is less than a minute from where I work! So, if you come visiting North Norfolk, it's a couple of places for you to come see :)

Moving on, pack my box with five dozen liquor jugs. I'm keeping with the alphabet theme for this, the ultimate blog challenge. As I have run out of letters, I have made use of all 26 of them (some more than once!). You may be more aware of 'the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog'. I have typed this so many times in my life as being a touch typist, started at school when you were blindfolded and were learning where the keys are on the qwerty keyboard. Any way, pack my box with five dozen liquor jugs and the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog are known as a pangram and it is not just in English that it is used, other languages do it too. In my case it was used as an accuracy and speed test in my early days.

Finally, I am making stuff but am a bit of a production line so rather than bore you with pieces of card and patterned paper, going to treat you to a banana! In fact, it's one banana and two eggs and some cinnamon as well. This is a really good way of using up those mushy bananas!. Simply blend the banana, add the two eggs, whisk up a bit and then make banana 'pancakes'.

20130427_162911

I found them a bit of a pig to turn over, but having got the knack a bit further on, let them cook on one side a while before flipping them over - I gave a squirt of the one-cal spray just to lightly grease the pan. There was a really cool one that I made but the 12 year old pinched it whilst I was getting the camera. I've a dollop of low fat creme fraiche on mine, could have done with some blueberries or raspberries but in any event, they went down a treat. In fact, as I am typing this, the 12 year old is using another banana - thankfully the chooks are doing well with egg production!

20130427_164155

Hope you have enjoyed today's post :) do leave a comment, it is nice to get them and makes me feel that I'm not talking to myself!!!


 
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...