Wednesday, 1 May 2013

Day 30 catching up ~ Digi stamping - Ultimate Blog Challenge - Day 30 ~~~ The end

Perhaps you have not yet realised but I am also over on Wordpress - so if you've not yet changed your bookmark, do head over to Wordpress I don't want you to miss out on fun stuff ;)

I'm just going to post the posts from day 27 of the Ultimate Blog Challenge, so here goes...

Wow, I can't quite believe it but here we are at the end of April and the last day of the Ultimate Blog Challenge and I have posted every day this month. I would have posted earlier, but day 2 back at work and once again, went and laid down as totally knackered and didn't wake up til gone 8pm {whoops}.

So, we are at 30, did you know that 30 is a square pyramidal number. This means that you start with four squares on the base and build it up to make a pyramid and to do so you need 30 squares in total!
Another 30 fact, the Sarsen Circle of Stonehenge was also originally comprised of 30 rather neatly trimmed sandstone blocks which are in an upright position, also now there are only around 17 of these blocks still standing.

EMStonehengeSarsens

Today is also Walpurgis Night, and in exactly 6 months time we will be at All Hallows' Eve. I don't actually know if anyone here in the UK celebrates this night, I've never seen it anyway. If you are Dutch, Finnish, Swedish and some other European countries, it is celebrated with bonfires and dancing. It is named after the English missionary Saint Walpurga (ca 710-777/9) and since she was canonized on 1 May (around 870) we get May Day. 

If you have ever read, Edward Albee's play Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf, you may recall act 2 is called "Walpurgisnacht." Should you celebrate this day then I wish you a happy: Walpurgisnacht Valborgsmässoafton Vappu Volbriöö, (Walpurgi öö) Valpurgijos naktis Valpurģu nakts or Valpurģi čarodějnice or Valpuržina noc chódotypalenje chodojtypalenje (Gotta love Wikipedia huh!) 

If you are in Germany, tonight is also the night when witches are reputed to hold a large celebration on the Broken mountain, awaiting the arrival of spring and holding revels with their gods In my current literary frame of mind Goethe's Faust describes the Broken...
Now to the Brocken the witches ride;
The stubble is gold and the corn is green;
There is the carnival crew to be seen,
And Squire Urianus will come to preside.
So over the valleys our company floats,
With witches a-farting on stinking old goats.
A little link here to a book on google books, in case you want to read more! Moving on... Having had fun colouring in with some Dilly Beans stamps, I have been a-wandering and checking what digis I have in my folder here in my virtual land of the mac. I found myself (again) at Dilly Beans and then another of my favourites, Mo Manning. Mo has some fantastic images, this is one of my faves in my basket - still shopping ;) I thought it quite apt seeing Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands abdicated abdicated today and her son has now been invested to the throne. (Click on the image and you will find yourself at Mo's online shop, please don't blame me if you find yourself checking out with purchases!)
the_queen_wm__32523.1365810349.1280.1280


Another favourite of mine is the Pink Petticoat Boutique. I have this great digi stamp:

1

Of course, if you simply like inking n stamping, I am a purveyor of Stampin' Up! products and having seen the US catalogue I am quite eager for our UK one to come out. Although if the retired list is going to be the same, I am going to be losing around 10 sets - so that may give you an idea of what lush stuff is coming to replace it! I have stamped a few of the Swallowtails this evening, just to make some notelets for the craft fair on the 25 May, also means making boxes.

If you've not seen the Swallowtail stamp, here it is:

20130408_191455

Tomorrow, as well as getting some bits made, I must get my EMA plan sorted out. Still working on the criteria, think that it is definitely now going to be Ghost Road and Paradise. But, we'll see!

I'm now definitely done for the night and going to finish the g&t then off to the land of duvet.

May the crafting mojo be with you and if you have been coming along every day, I thank you :)

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...