Wednesday, 1 May 2013

{catching up} Day 28 ~ desk tidy! Pratchett and MUD + steam

Perhaps you have not yet realised but I am also over on Wordpress - so if you've not yet changed your bookmark, do head over to Wordpress I don't want you to miss out on fun stuff ;)

I'm just going to post the posts from day 27 of the Ultimate Blog Challenge, so here goes...

Well, it's as good as it is going to get, in fact it is going to get worse! Had this idea of going through an Anna Griffin kit I purchased a while ago. Now I do like Anna Griffin, one of my favourites along with Chatterbox. A couple of my first loves from when I started scrapbooking many moons ago it now seems. Having had a tidy up of the albums yesterday, I felt inclined today to do some scrapbooking, but, hey ho, the EMA is looming and so I decided I should get the brain into gear and to some reading. That way, I can get the plan to my tutor. Hells bells though, I fell asleep reading the darned course book. Still have this lurgie which is become tiresome let alone tiring. So, here I am gone 9pm and getting today's post out so I can keep up with the ultimate blog challenge.

I had it mapped out on today's snippets. But first, here you go, the desk!

20130428_202456

Actually it also looks a bit like a drug counter. Brown tub has my mega antibiotics in for the pneumonia and my little blue pills and green/yellow pills needed reordering today hence empty boxes on desk to remind oneself! I love the kit though, I have to stroke everything first I think and find some photos, which I did have printed off and have put somewhere!

And the essay, my brain is so having a wobbly with this one. Part of choosing some of my courses is that they don't have exams (mentioned in an earlier post) since they are hard for me to get too and I simply don't like them. I'm endeavouring to work out my criteria, that must have been the point when I was doing some re-reading and fell asleep! I must get my backside into gear :)

20130428_123018

Anyway, here is your snippet of stuff for today. Terry Pratchett, you may have read his books and you may not have. I have and do like them. Today is also his birthday, so happy birthday Sir Pratchett. If you've not read any of his books, Terry has written the Discworld books. I find these quite hilarious and having done this literature course, I think I will reread them in a different light. Hard to believe that the first one I read was the Colour of Magic and that was back in 1983 (eeek, time flies huh). In fact, I have Snuff waiting to be read but the A300 course books called. [A quick break whilst looking for Snuff] There are two quotes, so far that I had to find again, "Goodness is about what you do. Not who you pray to.” and this one “They say that the eyes of some paintings can follow you around the room, a fact that I doubt, but I am wondering whether some music can follow you for ever.” If you read Friday's post, do you still have that ear worm?!

This now leads me on to Discworld MUD - now I am not really a gameplayer - I did enjoy games like Quake (in fact I do often consider downloading a copy for the mac, although I will no doubt need to get a mouse as I use the trackpad to save the arthritis in the thumb!) and also Doom, although in Doom don't let me near the BFG (tend to fire that in tight spots resulting in loss of life). 

Leading from Discworld MUD, Sir Pratchett is also according to a 2006 interview, a computer game player and also likes half-life 2, which I have also played. Although I don't think I finished it as there was a bit where I kept falling off something and dying! Anyway, half-life 2, tenuous link coming up, included a modification, Garry's Mod. Now, Garry's Mod which is now a standalone Steam game is played by the kidlets! They have great fun, keeps them quiet (sometimes). The physics gun is pretty cool in my opinion! Those people that make computer games sure are clever. Here's one that creates the fantastic environmental art.

That is me now done, including done for the day. Back to work tomorrow with the hope I can complete a full day :)

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...