Wednesday, 1 May 2013

catch up ~ Day 29 ~ Pretty in Pink

Perhaps you have not yet realised but I am also over on Wordpress - so if you've not yet changed your bookmark, do head over to Wordpress I don't want you to miss out on fun stuff ;)

I'm just going to post the posts from day 27 of the Ultimate Blog Challenge, so here goes...

Ok, so I admit, I went to work today, was totally knackered by the time I got home. Brian went off to Air Cadets, I fell asleep on the sofa and emerged back to life at 8:30pm, whoops! Rather than doing some reading as I know it's not going to sink in, I recently purchased some Dilly Beans stamps. Couldn't help myself and I totally blame Soo! I often pop into her blog to see what creations she has been making and she had made a beautiful card for the Dilly Beans challenge that is current running. It has been a long time since I have printed off some digi stamps and done some colouring in and as not much brain power is required and it really is therapeutic, I thought I would have a play as well :) Here you go then. I have done two cards featuring the little hedgehog, Crinkles

20130429_211120#1

Just a bit closer for you, I have used some crystal effects to add a bit of glaze (not quite dry yet!0 and also on the hearts, found the sakura pens in the drawer yesterday (hidden from 12 year old otherwise she would have nabbed them!). Images coloured in using a mix of Copics, Promarkers, Stampin' Up! markers and Spectrum Noir pens.

20130429_211206 20130429_211223

Not sure how it shows up on your screen, the paper has pink in it and this is the tea for two dsp in the spring/summer Stampin' Up! catalogue.

Right, day 29 here we are nearly at the end of the April ultimate blog challenge and I sure have surprised myself that I have managed to keep up with doing a post a day. The thoughts then turn to what to tell you today. As you know, if you have read my earlier posts, I like a bit of science and I do like the universe, all that stuff out there etc. 

So how to relate 29 to today! Saturn is the object for today. It takes the planet more than 29 years to orbit the sun (approx 10,759 Earth days)! If you've not been 'into' the planets and our solar system, Saturn is the sixth planet from the sun and is a gas giant. It is the second largest, with Jupiter being the biggest. It is named Saturn after the Roman god of agriculture, Saturn funnily enough! Saturn also gives us the day of the week, Saturday. I would go on a bit more but I am heading off to the sofa to watch the end of Game of Thrones (forgot it was on, whoops).

May the crafting mojo be with you!

   
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...