Friday, 26 April 2013

Ultimate Blog Challenge - day 26 - Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah

So, you've read the title, do you now have 'Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah' as an ear worm, singing it quietly or humming it to yourself whilst you read.  Sorry about that!

Can I help you along with the lyrics...

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay
My, oh my what a wonderful day!
Plenty of sunshine heading my way
Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay

Mister Bluebird on my shoulder
It's the truth, it's actch'll
Ev'rything is satisfactch'll
Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay
Wonderful feeling, wonderful day!

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay
My, oh my, what a wonderful day
Plenty of sunshine headin' my way
Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay

Mister Bluebird's on my shoulder
It's the truth, it's actual
Ev'rything is satisfactual
Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay
Wonderful feeling, feeling this way

Mister Bluebird's on my shoulder
It is the truth, it's actual... huh?
Where is that bluebird? Mm-hm!
Ev'rything is satisfactual
Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay
Wonderful feeling, wonderful day!

And can you remember where the lyrics come from?  It was Song of the South which itself was the first live-action dramatic film made by Disney back in 1947.  Wanna sing a long some more?  Here you go - click here

Brian has gone away for the weekend, he is off doing the WARMA RAF 2 day march so he should be up at Cosford by now.  Perhaps an early night as well, seeing he has an early start!  Hopefully though his feet won't be anything like what they came back like after Nijmegan last year.

Its been a quiet day.  I've nearly finished my book, just tucking into the course book before I finish it and will then make a start on Rebecca - I am so hoping I can get the EMA done within the next two weeks, well before the deadline.

I've also sorted out my scrapbook albums and rejigged them around.  I've got to get a couple more so will be ordering these.  I've gone for the ring bound albums from Stampin' Up!

Screen Shot 2013-04-26 at 14.46.40

My little industrious phase has now left me with a pile of post bound albums.  The contents are now mostly in the ring bound albums although I have held on to a couple of post bounds as I can't yet part with them.  Now to figure what to do with the empties.


20130426_190701

Right then, so here we are at the end of the alphabet which I have been tying in with the Ultimate Blog Challenge of a post a day during April.  I'm giving it a twist though, kind of going out with a bang I guess.  I still have 4 posts left though seeing April has 30 days ;)


Ok, so Z, the 26th letter of the alphabet.  Rather than doing Z I am going to do some 26 for you, just to keep you on your toes.  26, this is the only integer that is one greater than a square (25 = 5²) and one less than a cube (27 = 3³).  There is also a shape that has 26 sides.  This is known as a rhombicuboctahedron (phew, trying saying that after a few!).  Now, did you catch my earlier post where there was a bit of da Vinci?

300px-Pacioli

See this picture, well take a look in the top left corner, there you will see a glass rhombicuboctahedron half filled with water!  The painting is from 1495 and a portratif of Luca Pacioli.  He was a mathematician and also collaborated with Leonardo da Vinci.  Leonardo did the illustrations in the book de divina proportione.  There is so much knowledge out there that I think I will never become bored of finding out these little snippets.


My weekend will involve keeping my sanity while I get over the pneumonia (2 days left of horse tablet sized antibiotics to take) and hope the kids are going to play ball and behave themselves this weekend and having seen what is retiring in the world of Stampin' Up! in the US, I am going to check through my own stamping supplies as no doubt what is going there is going to be going from our catalogue too, although it could be an excuse to revisit the list of what is coming in the US that might come to the UK and peruse the US catalogue and sort my *want* list ;)  If you want to keep up to date and as soon as I get the retiring list get a copy as well, head over to my facebook page and hit the like button and also subscribe to my newsletter.  You'll also get notification of the new UK catalogue and be able to preorder a copy via my shop.


Finally, my new tub of Udderly sMOOth arrived today, I've had one tub for ages as my feet love the stuff, although it's good not only for feet, my elbows often get dry too so they get it enjoy it's soothing properties as well :)  I give my feet a good coating and put my little cotton socks on at bedtime and wake up with happy feet!


That's me done for today, back to 'The Popular & the Canonical" and the Pat Barker chapter.

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...