Sunday, 14 April 2013

UBC day 14 - not long now

My ears have popped, both of them now have tissue stuffed in them since they hurt, kids are happy since my voice has also gone walkies. If anyone comes visiting I must remember to take said tissue out of said ears as it does look kinda funny (according to the kids).

Seeing It is a nice day, with no snow and it is quite mild outside, I thought I'd revisit the ornament keepsakes stamps and framelits. These were carried over into the spring/summer catalogue and so will make their departure in a few weeks. So, moral of the story is, if you like them and want them, order them now! I am having my own little promotion in that UK orders of £50 or more ship to you for free.


20130414-123936.jpg

So here you have my little endeavour for today, I've used some of the core'dinations card stock with the elegant lines embossing folder as my mat and give it a light sanding.

20130414-124111.jpg

The ribbon is some always artichoke seam binding. I've stamped one of the stamps with some raspberry ripple onto some very vanilla cardstock. I've stamped four and cut them out using the coordinating framelit. I always do an extra one in case something goes wrong as I only want three for this card.

20130414-124308.jpg

Stick two together and then I laid this on the third which I stuck to my card base - I've used some linen thread to make a little hanger effect. You can use just two of the ornaments but I like it to be nice and solid. And there you go.

20130414-124435.jpg

20130414-124543.jpg

I've also had a play with the all dressed up set, these are also available as a bundle in the spring summer catalogue. I've also had a play with a stampin' around - this has stamped the top of the card using midnight muse ink. The paper is from the print poetry paper stack. The sentiment is from just the ticket which has a coordinating punch.

20130414-130513.jpg

As you may know, the new Stampin' Up catalogue is released in a few weeks, we are already seeing items become out of stock. If you need to stock up on favourite colours, here is what is going (and what is coming so you get your list ready!)

20130414-122057.jpg

I am keeping you up to date on what is becoming out of stock on my Stampin' Up! Facebook page so do make sure you hit the like button, and don't forget my newsletter :)

And now we are at 'N'. I had a few ideas for this one, Neptunium, neurons, nostrils, nasal, need-chocolate! I've gone for nostrils, seeing mine are playing up I thought it quite apt. Ok, so as tetrapods us humans have two nostrils on the outside and you may not realise but we also have to internal nostrils, the internal nostrils have their own name, chonae, with around 1000 strands of nasal hair in each one. These internal nostrils connect the nose to the throat. Our fish ancestors had nostrils outside of the head, weird huh, but they migrated back, you can see this in Kenichthys campbelli, a 395 million-year-old fossilized fish which shows this migration in progress.

That's today done, I'll just leave you with a sunny pic. Enjoy.





20130414-135155.jpg
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...