Friday, 19 April 2013

Stamping time ~ Papaya Collage ~ smooch spritz ~ sunny ~ Schrödinger's cat

{don't forget my main blog is over at Wordpress, so this is a cut and paste from my post from over there}

 Hey, it's Friday and I still have this flipping lurgie, will it ever go away {sigh}. I'm going to endeavour to ignore it!

So, moving on. It's a really lovely sunny day, I have wrapped up and ventured outside, I'm still having internal temperature control issues, and spent some time wandering around the garden checking up on the girls (chasing chickens!). They're a happy bunch, although Clover has gone broody so she is being removed from the egglu to get some fresh air and not hog the laying area! They'll be back in their own area soon, with the spring (!) coming along we tend to keep them in their own bit as the kids end up dodging chicken poop when playing in the garden. The girls have done a fab job in fertilising it over the winter period though :)


20130419_124442 20130419_124449
I thought I'd play with the papaya collage stamp set today, in between doing some essay reading, been mucking around with stuff more than reading (whoops). This set is in the current annual catalogue and there is a idea for a card on the opposite page to the stamp set that I liked so I have cased it, hope you like it. I have also used the smooch spray, which I hope you can see on the final card.

20130419_114702

First of all, I have stamped some of the roses around the end to create a background, then layered up with a piece of core'dinations cardstock that I had embossed. After the photo I lightly sanded it gave it a bit of scrunching and some smooch spritz.

20130419_113646

I've used some scraps from the twitterpated paper and the first edition dsp sets. The ribbon is some seam binding in always artichoke.

20130419_124351 20130419_124826 20130419_124843

I hope you like it, I took it outside to photograph for you, although nice and sunny it was a bit breezy but I got there in the end. The chickens must have wondered what I was up to as they were all watching me through the fence! The bird is stamped using old olive, early expresso and a little mid of night of navy (available in the Stampin' Spots set.

This leads us to Schrödinger's cat, I am led to here because as you know I like a bit of science and I could quite happily sit and watch (and Brian will no doubt tell you drool) when Professor Brian Cox comes on telly to talk to us about science, physics, cosmology and all that fun stuff that I wish I had paid (more) attention to when I were but a small child! 

So, it's about quantum mechanics and is a the cat is a bit of a paradox. Schrödinger's moggy is locked in a box and its life, or death, is all dependent on the state of the subatomic particle. Is the cat alive or dead? Or both? Erwin Schrödinger (and Paul Adrien Maurice Dirac) were awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics 1933 "for the discovery of new productive forms of atomic theory". Professor Brian Cox OBE is a particle physicist - he was also the keyboard player for the pop band D:Ream in the 1990s. In 2012, Prof Cox also was awarded the Michael Faraday award "for his excellent word in science communication". And, if you like Dr Who, he made an appearance in 'the power of three'. 

If you want to have a read up of the cat, I have this book on my kindle and this one by the Prof is on my list.

I now have a carpet on my stairs and in my hallway as Jeremy has been here keeping us company - if you are after a carpet let me know, he was recommended to me and I am certainly more than happy to send a recommendation on as well. Going to get my socks off and run my toes through it {sad huh!}.

20130419_153803

Enjoy your day and may the crafting mojo be with you.

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...