Monday, 15 April 2013

Oscillating slowly... Stampin' Up! Offer ~ woot, woot

Hello Monday, alas no work for me, head of cotton wool and I am unable to oscillate my head without my ears, and said head, hurting. Since my day job involves having audio earphones in and speaking, seeing I can't speak without difficulty and I have the husky hoarseness, I'm trying to keep warm at home (yup, got the waves of internal ice cooler one minute and an internal heatwave the next). And the next time someone says what, I may end up decking them!


There are a couple of birthdays today, and if it your birthday too, happy birthday. Leonardo da Vinci was born this day in 1452. Leonardo did some cool stuff and as we are at the letter 'O' which you may have guessed from the post title I thought we would make use of our ocular senses and take a look at his art. Also, seeing I like to add a bit of science now and then ;) I thought we'd take a look at Leonardo's Vitruvian Man.


image

For those lucky enough (in my view anyway) to have done a spacewalk (with NASA) they give you, not sure if they still do though so it might be gave, an EVA patch that has the Vitruvian Man featured on it. The Vitruvian Man exemplifies the blend of art and science during the Renaissance and provides the perfect example of Leonardo's keen interest in proportion and his attempt to relate man to nature as he believed the workings of the human body to be an analogy for the workings of the universe. This is cool for me, since I believe as carbon based life forms that we are made of star dust. So, when our time is up, we convert back to dust (either naturally or with a bit of help) and eventually return to the 'stars'.


Enough of that, it is also a mathematician's birthday today, Leonhard Euler was born this day in 1707. As we are still on ocular, he started to become blind in one eye following a fever in 1735, later on in his life he got a cataract in his right eye so he was virtually blind. This didn't stop him though as he had super mental calculation skills coupled with a photographic memory. He introduced much of the modern mathematical terminology and notation, particularly for mathematical analysis, such as the notion of a mathematical function. He is also renowned for his work in mechanics, fluid dynamics, optics, and astronomy. If you fancy having a read, his book Elements of Algebra is here.


Now onto my passion, one of them at least, Stampin' Up! It is the 25th anniversary and we are being given the chance to get more for our money, well get stuff for free actually.

image

From now 15 April until 30 May 2013, if you host a workshop, get a group of friends/family together or simply place an order yourself that is over £250, you get a whopping £65 worth of hostess pounds to spend on top of the order, pretty cool eh.


Now you could also take the plunge and join my team. Join me during this promotion and for £99 you get to choose £155 of what you want in your kit! PLUS you get a business pack worth £45 included free (this contains catalogues and stationery).


On another Stampin' Up! note, spaces are available in one of my Hostess clubs starting this month.  The duration for this club is 9 months, which means the last order will be December.  The monthly spend commitment is £16.67 (plus p&p).  You can find out more on how my hostess clubs work by clicking here.


 That's me done for today, gonna go and have a nap!

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...