Thursday, 11 April 2013

Kaput ~ broken or not functioning

That is me, simply because my beloved Mac which has been with me for the past five years and two months is currently having a hard drive mega hissy fit. I have gone through every process I know, verified the disk - which I am told at the end of the process that my disk is ok. Repaired it, turned it on, off, on, off, got the apple and the revolving firework (not the rainbow pizza). I've let it endeavour to boot and after 20 mins guess that it's in a really bad mood.

Surely, my endless reading and watching of Beckett and Waiting for Godot has not put it in a frame of mind that I now have to wait for it! So, I'm currently in the land of the Mac disk utility and, if this works, copying my 'home' onto my external hard drive. To say I am miffed is an understatement, my essay was nearly finished for one thing. My essay has been kiboshed and I fear that my mac is knackered (note the use of 'k' here) or most definitely kaput.

Since I haven't been able to get to my essay, my craft grid pad has become a note pad, I just hope I'm not going to have to start from scratch, I'm backed up but not up to the point where it (mac) has given up.

20130411-174322.jpg


I did find myself at the Apple store though, and can save a few pennies as I get educational pricing, not sure how much one can get for a mac with a fried HD. Maybe there is just a mischievous kobold hiding in the back of it.

Today has certainly given me cause to indulge in the letter 'k'.

I hope you have had a better day in the land of technology
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...