Saturday, 2 March 2013

Stampin' Up! diagonal plate = envelopes

So, you find yourself with lots of handmade cards and you realise that you want to have some pretty envelopes to put them.  That is me!  I was going through my card stock pile and thought that (a) I wasn't in the mood for making cards (b) but did want to do something.  I've got a mini book in progress which I will show you when I am done but for now, I've spent some time working out different sized envelopes to put cards in.

Using the scoreboard diagonal plate I've had a play around and these are the sizes that I am using for my envelopes.

For 4" square cards I trim my paper down to 6.5" and then scored each corner at 3".

Image

As I sometimes make the smaller 3" square cards, I've worked this out as my paper for the envelope is trimmed down to 5.5" square.  For the scores, I score each corner at 2.25"

Here's a list of other sizes that I have made envelopes for:

Card size 4.5" - trimmed paper down to 7.5" and score each corner at 3 3/8"
Card size 5" - trimmed paper down to 8.5" and scored each corner at 3 7/8"
Cards that are A5 (half A4 folded in half), trimmed paper down to 8" square and score at two opposite corners at 3.25" and the other two at 4.25"

SAMSUNG CSC
SAMSUNG CSC

Card size 6" square - trimmed paper down to 10x10" and score each corner at 4.5"

If you haven't yet got the Stampin' Up! simply scored board and the diagonal plate, you can order both of these from me for £41.85.  If you go a step further and order  a pair of paper snips as well, you can have these three items for just £48.00* and choose yourself a free item from the Sale-a-bration brochure (*order before 22 March to take advantage of my special offer).


I've made a load of envelopes this afternoon, using papers from the brights dsp paper stack.  they're really pretty colours and hopefully will bright up someone's day when they get a handmade card that is in a pretty handmade envelope :)
SAMSUNG CSC

I will be playing with these!  The amazing family set of stamps.  This set made its appearance in the spring/summer catalogue which runs until June 30, 2103.  What I like about these is that Stampin' Up! has made the stamps a really nice size so you can make a feature of them on your cards.

SAMSUNG CSC

As you can see from this image from the catalogue, you can use the stamps in a different way to create something lovely to give to someone.

My mojo is now being sparked into ignition so I will leave you with some flowery and eggy pics.
And look, it must be spring.  The garden has little outcroppings of pretty flowers.

SAMSUNG CSC
SAMSUNG CSC

And finally, look.  I am betting that the biggie is a double yolker.  Sheila is still pootling around, she is getting pecked if she goes in with the other girls so for now she is in the 'human' half of the garden.  I daren't put her to bed with the others just yet so she will be in single accommodation (aka shed) for a bit longer.  She did have a bit of a peck around the garden but is still not fully functioning (can't yet stand up for herself against the others).

SAMSUNG CSC

I'll be back to Philip K Dick and have the rest of Blade Runner to watch.

May the crafting mojo be with you.
 
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...