Monday, 11 March 2013

Pop out card - box card : tutorial

On one of my perusals over at Splitcoaststampers, I came across this fab surprise card.  I have seen it elsewhere in my perusals on the web and have seen it called different things, so I have no idea what the original was as I haven't found who created it in the first place and what they called it.  Here is how I have made mine.

I have trimmed a piece of dsp - in this case a sheet from the paisley petals pack - down to 8.5" x 11".

SAMSUNG CSC

Using the scoreboard, score the long edge at 1.25" and 3 3/8", flip the paper round and repeat on the other side.

SAMSUNG CSC
Turn the paper to the short edge and score at 2 1/8" and 6 3/8"
SAMSUNG CSC

Give your folds a good crease using your bone folder. Then get your paper so that it looks similar to this.

SAMSUNG CSC

You now need to fold the top down

SAMSUNG CSC

And then the bottom so you end up with a nice square.

You are then going to fold in the corners and end up with the second picture (all being well).

SAMSUNG CSC SAMSUNG CSC

This is where it gets a bit tricky to explain what to do next.

Open up your paper:

SAMSUNG CSC

Then you are going to snip each corner like so:

SAMSUNG CSC

Now it comes to some folding!
You need to get the edge so that it looks like this (I have the long edge facing me and the pointy bits are on the sides):

SAMSUNG CSC

 and then you can bring the 'flap' down, like so:

SAMSUNG CSC

Once you have done this on both sides you will (should!) end up with this

SAMSUNG CSC

Then fold down and give all the creases another go with your bone folder.

SAMSUNG CSC

Using some offcuts from the piece I trimmed down I have made the enclosure and used embellishments from the pop up posies designer kit.  Inside you can put a notelet or even a gift card.

SAMSUNG CSC SAMSUNG CSC

I hope you have managed to follow the directions and create for yourself some of these great cards.

May the crafting mojo be with you!
sarahsig

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...