Sunday, 24 February 2013

Stampin' up! Time for Tea {shoppe}

I must admit I've not played much with the Tea Shoppe stamp set.  It's one that I got and then went into the cupboard and has come out occasionally.  Although I have made a few cards, these were spur of the moment, needed to make a card quick and so they were made and then went out in the post.  This time, they've come out for leisure!!

I've used papers that are in the print poetry dsp pad and for my card, not sure what you call this type, but I have scored the front in half just to be different for today.
20130224_184434
One of the stamp sets that you can get for free with a qualifying spend during Sale-a-bration is the patterned occasions set.  You get five stamps in this set.

I've just stamped these individually onto some remnants of 12x12 that I have been able to turn into some 3" square cards and one 4" square card.  These are a really nice set, and as you can see you can just stamp onto some plain cardstock and there you have it some clean and simple cards.  Another thing you can do with this set is make some neat little gift tags.
20130224_184514

20130224_184527 20130224_184548
Mother's day has come early for me.  I had been eyeing up a little delectable delight on Amazon and you see what happens when you post it on your other half's wall...
20130223_151148
This little beauty is the Samsung NX1000 and yes, as you can see, it is pink (this is it without the lens on).  I've got a memory card on order but have been having a tinker with it in the meantime.  Yup, I have been reading the manual, I intend to get to grips with this camera and use it and it's buttons.  Brian has my 'old Canon, I just found it too heavy to have around my neck.  Stupid bones, as I work my way through the day my back and hip seem to feel the effects of gravity a lot more these days!

And so, half term is coming to a close.  The kids have actually given us a good half term, not too many traumas thankfully.  Most of the chickens are fine and finally have gotten back into the swing of laying eggs - I know that Speckles is laying as she was in the egglu earlier today and when I checked before she went in earlier on there were zilch eggs.  Sheila though isn't doing too well, she has a sour crop at the moment and so is being kept an eye on.  Today I made her comfy in the 'food' shed in the straw and mushed up some pellets with some warm water and olive oil. Also upchucked her to see if she could throw up some of the grief that the sour crop causes.  She does look sad but did work her way through her little meal.  I tucked her up in the egglu at bedtime and will just have to see how she goes. 
Oh, and Genny dug this out of her school bag - a few days ago - but it's pretty neat :) (it hadn't been in there since December!)
20130216_162013
What else, oh, the 5:2 plan.  This has been week one of the 5:2 plan - eat 'normally' for 5 days and for 2 non-consecutive days, you fast.  I must say that I have found this pretty good going this week.  Managed Monday and Friday as my fast days with no probs at all.  On my fast day, my calorie intake is reduced down to 500 for the day.  Weigh in tomorrow morning to see if anything has happened in the disappearing pounds department.

And finally, come March I have spaces in hostess groups to fill so the groups can get started.  I have a Hostess group that runs over 10 months that has a couple of slots available and also a Club 7 and 8 that need someone to take a spot.  If you are interested in spreading out your wish list and on one of the months of the club get yourself some hostess benefits.  Click here for more information on how they work.  If you are interested, you can hit the 'mail me' button that is over on the right along with my other 'follow' buttons.

That's it for now, I am off to read about androids and electric sheep :)

May the crafting mojo be with you!




 
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...