Monday, 1 October 2012

ILWS Blog Hop - Autumn/Winter Catalogue and the new Annual Catalogue


Welcome to the In Love with Stamping blog hop.  You may have just come to my page from a blog post, or you may have found me by coming by via Anne-Marie.  At the bottom of this post, I have the link to send you on your way through the rest of the hop-ees and also a link to the first post in the hop.  I hope you enjoy your visit here at my blog and, of course, if you see anything you like, drop me a line via email or via the order page and I can sort out your order for you.  As a special blog hop treat, and also because 1 October is my birthday, orders over £50 placed before Friday 5 October you can have delivered for free.


And so let's begin. I have made a couple of things featuring products from the current Autumn/Winter Stampin' Up! catalogue (you can click the link to be taken to the catalogue), and with the release of the annual catalogue (you can click the link to be taken to the catalogue), as a demo, we get to pre-order so I am pleased to be able to show you some things I have made using some of the new products.  I hope you enjoy your visit and you get inspired to get crafting. 

First, I have made a decorative star. I have made this on a small size, with a view to making them as tree decorations. You can make them as big or as small as you like. 

Ingredients

6 sheets of square double sided patterned paper. 
I have used the snow festival 126908 £9.95 dsp trimmed down to 4" x 4". 

Snail adhesive - a taper runner is better than a wet glue. 
Stapler.  Ribbon. Hole punch. 

Steps:

Trim down your patterned paper to your desired size 

Fold in half and half again and then carefully cut three times but don't cut right to the centre. Do this on each piece of paper.
When you open your piece of paper, it should look something like this:

Next comes the folding and sticking, do this for each of the pieces. 

Open your piece of paper and take the middle and bring to the front and stick them together like so: 


Turn the paper over and repeat with the next strips:


 Do it again:

And then once more!



Repeat with the remainder pieces and then you should end up with six of these.


Now comes the sticking.

I use the snail adhesive to stick the middle and then stick the point (which will become the middle) gradually adding them, I do three at a time and then join them together, popping a staple in the centre point.  Finally, add some ribbon to hang your star.


Project 2:

Origami flowers using the new comfort cafe dsp. I've just made a couple of flowers and each one is made up of 5 pieces of dsp trimmed down to 10cm x 10cm square.  You need a good glue for this and some paperclips come in handy.


I'm doing some step by step photos for you and rather than using the patterned paper have used a plain piece of cardstock as I think that makes it easier to see the steps:


1 - fold your piece of paper in half - I'm using a bone folder so that the folds get a firm crease.






2 - fold one diagonal into the centre and repeat with the other side.


 3 - next, and I hope that isn't too hard to follow, you need to fold back the top layer outwards on both sides.


4 - open up the  triangles you have just made and now flatten them out and then the outside pointy bits, you need to tuck those into themselves.


5.  Nearly there, now fold the outside edges in half again, so you should have something that resembles the picture below.

 

6 - stick the outside flaps and then bring the edges together, and all being well, you end up with the same thing as in the second picture, one 'petal'.

I have used five petals to make a flower, you can make them tighter and use six (and if you like folding!).  As the glue 'sets' I use some paperclips to hold the folds and petals together.  A glue gun comes in handy for this.


And here you have it, the final result of 5 petals all glued together.  You can turn them into a flower bauble and to do this you will need around 12 flowers and some ribbon.


Finally, a card!

A4 cardstock - raspberry ripple (2012-2014 in colour, pk 24 sheets) 127545 £6.25
DSP - comfort cafe 126898 £9.95
Stamps - Betsy's blossoms 126006 £20.95 (clear mount)
Sizzix bigz scallop circle die 113468 £16.95
Ink: primrose petals 126858 £4.95 / midnight muse 126860 £4.95
2 3/8" scallop circle punch 118874 £15.50
Scalloped tulle ribbon - cherry cobbler 127841 £6.25


I used the sizzix scallop circle die to make this card.  I folded over a piece of card to fit the scallop circle and cut it so as to not quite cut the whole circle.  I also cut the dsp at the same time. Using a piece of the scrap, I made a little 'ribbon' border, you can just see it under the flower and the tulle (and bird).

I stamped the flower with the primose petals ink and layered it on top of a piece of the tulle ribbon.  The birdie is stamped using the midnight muse ink.   And there you have it, one card.

Well, that's me done for this part of the blog hop, I do hope that you enjoyed your visit.  The next hop-ee is Vronnie and should you wish to start right at the beginning, Laura is the blog to head for.

Links to the current catalogues are available on the left and over on the right is the link to my facebook page, hope to see you there.

If you are inspired and want to join my team The Rosettes, from now until the end of November when you sign up you can earn yourself a free pack of paper.  Drop me a line to learn more about being a demo and getting discounted products.


Enjoy, and happy crafting!

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...