Wednesday, 17 October 2012

Decorative paper strip flower baubles - not just for Christmas

Next on my list of things to do for a craft fair coming up soon (it seems a while away but no doubt it will be upon me rather quickly) is to make some little decorations that can be used on parcels or be left to the imagination for other things. All that is involved is a bit of cutting and sticking. 

I've cut 8 strips of dsp - I've used a sheet of 12x12 and apologise now as I'm going to start putting things into centimetre measurements! So, 8 strips of dsp cut into 2cm widths. 


I've then popped a bit of snail adhesive onto one end and then folded it over to 1cm from the other end (hope that makes sense). I've the grid paper which makes this easier. 


When you have the 'hoop' made, without pressing it down too much so that it squishes, I added a bit of snail at the 7cm (middle) point. So you end up with a set of bow looking strips. 


Then, I punched a hole in the middle.





Using a brad, layer them up.  I popped a circle on the back to cover up the brad ends.  



Give them a tweak and voila.  I have added some ribbon to make this one a hanging flower bauble!



 


Ingredients:
12x12 double sided patterned paper
Snail adhesive 104332 £5.50
Snail refill 104331 £3.75
Multipurpose wet glue 110755 £3.25
Grid paper 106587 £8.95
2mm handheld circle punch 101227 £7.95
(brad, ribbon)

Don't forget also that if you sign up this month or in November to join my team, you can get some free double sided paper (DSP)  from Stampin' Up! for six months.  Check out this post for more info.

Happy crafting!

 
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...