Friday, 24 August 2012

End of August is looming

It seems only yesterday (sometimes!) that the school holidays started and here we are with just over a week left.  We've had some wacky weather, some good days and some days where we wondered if summer had done a runner.

I got together with some scrapping friends and we made stuff - it was a bit warm where we were and so we didn't make much but we did exercise our jaws a fair bit.  And Soo made the most lush key lime pie which we had after a jacket potato lunch and ice cream that Mel & Glad went and got from the local shop.  I guess that was two puddings that we had!

Here are some of the things that I made:


Birthday card using one of the tags from the SU Sizzix two tags die, stamped with one of the sentiments from the Easy Events set.  Some dsp, pleated ribbon (which ends when the summer mini catalogue ends on 31 August), a bit of baker's twine and that is not a button but a die cut button from my stash that I glazed.

I guess it's nearly Christmas!  Stamps from the pines and poinsettias set.  I made two Christmas cards (yup, just two!)

This one I used the ornament punch, just cut some from some dsp, the vine is from the bird builder punch.

Also this past week, I got my preorder through for the Autumn/Winter catalogue which is released on 1 September.  I love these little ghouls and you can get a kit that includes the little googlie eyes - you get some 'candy' bags as well, great for Halloween or just making little gift bags for a Halloween party. 

Wednesday, we went to sunny hunny (Hunstanton).  We stopped en route to take one of Genny's friends back home.  It was a bit windy but you didn't need a jacket.  The sea was way out!  The kids went on a couple of rides in the little ride park, I, stupidly, went on the bumper cars with Ben so I now have a bumper car whiplashed next and following a humungous bump am having to pop the painkillers for the back and hip which are not playing ball at the moment.




This was a super sky, we were driving along to take Genny's friend home, and was not far away from where she lived and there was this huge black cloud, with the sun poking through. I had to get a picture of it as it is so cool!


Finally, another item  from my preorder, a Christmas kit.  I couldn't help myself, it was the glittery snowflakes that did it.  You get everthing in the kit apart from the photos.  (You get more than the numbers 2 and 5).


As with anything that I show you that is from Stampin' Up! you can place an order through me.  If you've not already done so, head on over to my facebook page, as I occasionally put on special deals and also, I have my little shop (which is also available here too as I know that not everyone uses facebook).  Finally, before I head off back to my craft table to play with more pre-ordered items, I have a Club7 with some spaces.  If you want to spread the cost of your wish list and want to reap some hostess benefits,  visit Club7 for more info on how it works.

 
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...