Wednesday, 9 May 2012

Summer in a pot!

Today has once again been one of those Wednesdays where time has flown!  A trip into Watton, then to Dereham (and a huge Costa latte, the one that come in their potty mugs!) to get some groceries, home, then it was soon time to do the school run!  My planned making of stuff didn't really happen until late this evening.

The latest SU demo mag has a great card in it and I have done a spin off from it which first involved trimming down a piece of rich razzleberry and getting it wet, scrunching it up and then flattening it out again.  

I've used some of the soft suede for the backing which I have embossed.  Punched a scallop circle and chopped it in half, using a scrap of twitterpated dsp.  Added some baker's twine, ribbon (I love the dotty grosgrain) and a bow made using satin ribbon.  Stamped on some old olive in rich razzleberry and then cut that out with a framelit.  Oh, and I have done a bit of stamping on the soft suede just at the top left corner and at the bottom.  Then it's all mounted on a card and ready to go!



I'm getting some of the scented embossing powder, I don't really do much embossing but with the introduction of some 'smelly' powders, I thought, well, I've got to try these.  They've made them in three different 'flavours', vanilla, melon and cherry and coordinate nicely with the mouthwatering stamp set.  These form part of the new product suite in the summer mini, called sweet shop, so we also have some super dsp to match, mustn't forget the jelly bean brads as well!






So, there ends my Wednesday, well kind of, I've got course books to read!


 
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...