Saturday, 5 May 2012

Saturday 5 May 2012 - bank holiday weekend


I am making a start on the next book of my OU course, we are covering applied linguistics and so far so good (I think), I don't really like the dvd aspect of the course though, I don't have the peace and quiet to watch them without interruptions so have been running off the transcripts. Anyway, got bored with that so went and made some cards instead!!






I've used some of the lovely real red cardstock as the basis for this one.  The twitterpated dsp includes some lovely red paper which I trimmed down to make some blocks.  Used the new framelits for the frames, just using some whisper white to layer it up.  If you've not seen it, the pleated satin ribbon is great - saves trying to get the effect myself!  I then added a cupcake which I stamped and punched that out (not sure if the stamp set or punch will be available again as it was in the spring mini).  And there you have it, I'm going to put this one into the CAS-ual Fridays challenge for clean and simple.






After a coffee break whilst doing some blog hopping, I made this one, using the other side of the twitterpated sheet that I used above, I had a strip of real read so used that (waste not want not).  Scallop edged the border of the twitterpated sheet and then used the scallop trim border punch on a piece of kraft cardstock.  Added a sentiment from the new Apothecary Art stamp set and added another cupcake!!  This one was inspired from a challenge on the Cupcake Craft Blog.


And don't laugh at this one, this is my trial run at making a cascading card which I made the other day. It really is quite simple to make (once I had it figured), I found a picture of one on the internet (on one of my jaunts with pinterest) that someone had made but couldn't find instructions so had a go myself, it took a few sheets of paper to work out with the folds and cuts but I got there in the end.  No doubt, if I go looking now I will find the 'how to' on making it, but then half the fun of making it was figuring out the 'how to'!







Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...