Sunday, 6 May 2012

ILWS Birthday Weekend 4-6 May 2012

ILWS is 4 years old and I have been playing along with some of the challenges.  I've got one done (albeit I am starting this a bit late!).  Challenge 1 and we have a sketch to play with.

Here is my take on it, I didn't use it for a scrapbook page, downsized it to make a card, I hope you like it :)


And here is the sketch.


As I work my way through the challenges, I'll be updating this post.  So, on that note, I am moving on to challenge number 2 which is '4x4' the challenge is to use elements in groups of 4. 

Updated...

Here is my card for the second challenge, 4x4:

Four patterned papers, four stamps on four different colours of cardstock using four different colours of ink pad.  To finish up, 4 gems.

Challenge 3 - using a song as inspiration.  You may not have heard it, then again you may well have, Christina Perri's "Jar of Hearts".  Genny gives it a good run for the money (sometimes I catch her jumping around on the trampoline, MP3 player plugged in her ears, singing to the full capacity of her lungs.  Anyway, here you go, a jar of hearts.  As I don't have a stamp for a jar, I had to draw one myself, hope you don't think it is totally pants.  At least I have the SU heart punch for the hearts!


Challenge 4 - inspiration

This one was based on a photo of a bedroom (Next)

What pinged out at me was, not only the flowers, but the colours and this is what I came up with, the new twitterpated dsp was shouting to be used!  I'm giving the scallop trim border punch a run for its money too.


I had chance to get one more done, ILWS popped a challenge on their facebook page.  This was a colour challenge and I went red and white and had another play with the candy wrapper BigzL die, lace ribbon and scallop punches:



On another note, I have decided to move over to Folksy rather than Etsy.  I have so many cards stockpiling I have decided to list them on Folksy and they can be sent somewhere to be loved by someone else! You can find my Folksy store here - I also have a static link here on my blog.

 
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...