Monday, 14 May 2012

Busy Bunny

I didn't get around to posting my weekend exploits so here we are I've settled down with a cup of coffee to get some blogging done!

I had an early start (for me) on Saturday, getting up at 6am all I can say was it was a lovely sunny morning as I headed down to Duxford for the Anglia Guiding region members day aptly named 'taking off with Girlguiding Anglia'.  Travelling down with fellow Guiders it certainly made the trip down more enjoyable.  

We had half of a huge hanger to play in, which is quite impressive when the scenery included some rather large planes!  Rosie, our region Chief Commissioner had a few words and then we were joined by our Chief Guide, Gill Slocombe.  Then, it was activities, I made a bath bomb and after the lunch break went and joined a group where we looked at coming out of our comfort zones as Guiders.  Both of these activities were great fun and I came away with ideas and also a decision on the future of myself and my current unit.  More of that another day.







What a great view eh!  This photo on the right is what was in the other side of the hanger - which is also where Concorde is.

 
 I also picked up a new fleece :)  pretty neat huh.

I was going to do some crafting on Sunday, but, well was a bit pooped after the long day of Saturday and so not quite sure what I did, apart from do a great job of looking like a vegetable (couch potato).  I did manage to get on with my OU course books (not far) but am a bit stuck on the next TMA, I am in need of tutorial notes as I have no idea where to start with this one.

Anyway, tonight - yes, Monday night - and having got a latest SU demo magazine, there is a fab card in it, so as I only have to swivel from 'mac desk' to 'craft desk' I have done this quickly using up some scraps of paper that are (still) lying around.


A piece of soft suede cardstock stamped with kraft ink pad using the sentiment from the apothecary stamp set from the summer mini.  Large scallop punch, fancy flower punch and circle punch and used some of the new bakers twine.  And, a piece of the ribbon punch that was going to go in the scraps pot.  Less than 10 minutes I guess and it was done.


Ingredients:
A4 soft suede cardstock 119982 £6.25 (pk 24 sheets)
Apothecary stamps clear 125537 £24.95
Bakers twine pool party 125574 £2.50
Lace ribbon border punch 122362 £18.25
Fancy flower punch 118073 £15.50
1 1/4" circle punch 119861£14.25
Kraft ink pad 101731 £7.25


DSP scraps / Scallop punch no longer available (spring mini)

Also pleased to report that operation get rid of the excess pounds is back on track.  I've been eating rubbish, well not exactly rubbish, just too much bread and stuff that I didn't really need to eat that was really high in carbs (!chocolate!) for the past few weeks and gained some unwanted pounds.  Anyway, back on plan and three pounds have gone walkies (again), so nearly back to where I was a few weeks ago! If I can maintain a consistent loss then in 6 weeks I will be at my first goal.

It's also SATs week for the girl in the house, so we have told her just to do her best, we can't ask for more than that and her new bed came today, so even though she wasn't overly excited about SATs, she is mega happy that she has her new bed!



 
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...