Wednesday, 18 January 2012

Going on a bear hunt...

..in my case think it is a case of going on a mojo hunt. Actually, wondering with all this decluttering going on of the craft stuff, whether I should just bundle it all up and sell it off as a big job lot. But then, you know, I'd get an attack of the mojo and where would I be, without "stuff"! So, just in case I do a big sell off and then live to regret it, I will stay with the go though what I have got often, make use of the free listing days on eBay if I can't bear the thought of selling a load of stuff for 99p, or if there is stuff that I just don't want to see anymore, on it goes for the 99p start. Is this a compromise?!  On that note though, I think it will soon be time to do a trawl of the rubber stamps and if I haven't used them in, well, yonks, then it must be time for them to find a new home.  The circle of life. 


I've also gone through some of the books that lurk in various places, this is where Greenmetropolis comes in handy.  Got some books gathering dust, they may not sell straight away but it is nice when they do and again, you can send them off to be loved by someone else (and, shhhhh, accumulate some pennies so you can go buy more).

Our new year, new way of eating, for me and Brian is going well.  We are both nearly at the half stone mark in terms of what has been gotten rid of so far (and never to darken our door again).  Thankfully, this week, carrots were reintroduced.  Boy, I know some people may miss chocolate and all that when they start a new healthy eating regime, but mine has been carrots.  Seeing how they are a high carb veg, seems that most of the root veggies are, we had to have a two week period of not going near one.  It's also got me looking at food labels, looking at the low fat versions of food it is interesting to see how much sugar they contain compared to the 'high' vat versions.  As we are looking at the carb content, the 'high' fat versions of some foods (have to say some as we haven't, of course, done a major study on food labels!) are surprisingly lower than the low fat.  We are also knocking back the water, to the point of I am counting it as a form of exercise going on how frequent the visits to the loo are!!!  Kinda like have a glass of water and then 10 minutes later have to go for a walk ;)  I guess you can say that I am being 'flushed' {sorry}.

Guides... I'm still not really happy that I am the only leader, but am really thankful that I have Katy.  Still, it would be nice to have another leader's head to bounce ideas to and fro'.  I guess it is the planning bit that I don't really like, trying to keep the 'plan' and keep the girls in the way of Guiding.  Anyhoooo, this first part of the term they have planned to do the Wizard of Oz challenge, they have planned it, there is a lot to do, with an interest badge thrown in as well, on the basis that ok so the badge is a challenge badge but just in the terms of they have to complete a certain amount of tasks whereas the interest badge element is for them to extend and challenge themselves.  There are three in the challenge and Genny has chosen to undertake the independent living badge.  We have a sleepover planned (only 3 girls able to go) and I have booked us to visit our London HQ in July.  So, some exciting things to come.

And now, just got my Open University mailing telling me who my tutor is.  Eeeek, better start looking through my pile of OU books and things that arrived before Christmas.  So U214 Worlds of English here I come.  In fact, as the DVDs are sitting here staring at me so there is no excuse to make a start... is there?!

Finally, just want to send some fairy dust to my budettes, Annette & Soo for Steph.  From all accounts, she needs some right now.

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...