Monday, 31 October 2011

A super weekend {picture heavy}

It was my retreat weekend, a weekend from Friday to Sunday afternoon, down in Suffolk.  Doing what I like, playing with paper and meeting up with friends, from close and afar.

I travelled 'down' with my budettes {pretend sisters} Annette picking up Sue en route. We arrived and settled in, having a quick catch up with everyone before having something to eat at the bar, in front of the very nice wood fire.

Then it was off, unpacking and settling down at our spot in the cropping room.

And then we were off....

 


Getting settled in, note the small bowls of munchies!  The girls at ATDML know how to keep us happy!

 Some layouts from the weekend....

These are a selection from when we went to Great Yarmouth on a Guide trip on Genny's 11th birthday.



From Mel's 7gypsies class.  I did two of Mel's classes, although I seem to have not taken pictures of the book that I made!

Hotel room!  A bit of a dilemma on which bit of the bed to sleep in, so I went for the middle on Friday ( well Saturday as it was gone xxx o'clock before I fell up to bed) Sorry for those that are in the know, this is the disco floor in the bathroom!!!





This is Izzy and me, Izzy is from Scotland and is just so lovely.  She has some wonderful stories that can keep you entertained for hours.  I did miss Izzy going home as I was in a class when it was time for her to depart Suffolk for the airport.

Mucky tips of fingers and thumb, Annette did a make and take, I got quite mucky, with glimmer mist everywhere, but it was fun :)
This wasn't one of the classes, I had this Rusty Pickle kit for ages and finally have it done apart from it needing photos, so it is a 50% complete project.






I am loving the Graphic45 papers, I thought there were quite apt for this year's start of school photos.



 The super talented Jane Hewitt and her class (using the Graphic45 papers).  This is a mini book and it is held together by Japanese book binding and pencils.  It looks hard, but well it is so simple and has a great effect.  I just have to complete this one (another 50% project) with adding some photos inside.  Not sure which ones just yet, but it looks good on the shelf as it is.


Suzanne's Bo Bunny.  This was fab.  Cutting out bits and thankfully the ribbon and other bits hide my dreadful circle cutting!


One of my fab friends, Ann.  Don't you love the t-shirt (I want one!).  I didn't get to do Ann's classes this time {sob}, one was before we arrived and her other class was at the time when we were leaving, I think this is a double {sob}. Not sure if you can see her hair, the colour is fab!

The altering project.  This year we could have little kraft bags to do with what we would.  I turned mine into a little book.  I had to get the brain into gear with the cutting but I am pleased with the result. I have made it into a small book of seasonal snaps, the kids in the garden, in the pool and winter time when we had huge icicles.





I have some things left to finish off, my last class on Sunday needs to be completed.  I did a load of mini books rather than layouts this time around.  

So, all in all a productive weekend. 
A clear table, well nearly, before we went on our way home :)


Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...