Friday, 30 September 2011

We're having a heatwave....

So, here we are the last day of September 2011 and it has been hot, like yesterday, and the day before!  Sadly, yesterday and today involved being stuck indoors in a room with a big window that doesn't open which means the room is airless and very warm.  The 3pm droop came early today, I would say that a walk around the Buttlands was refreshing but that was going from hot to warm!  I hope this weather lasts a bit longer though, the impending doom of snow coming early fills me with dread as I hate driving in the stuff for one thing and I don't like getting wet socks!  

Yesterday, I went for a walk at lunchtime with a work colleague, we strolled down to the quay and it was rather busy down there.  We fell into the Wells Crab House along Freeman Street for some lunch, well we were thirsty for one thing.  This is one of the good things of working by the seaside, you can be down to the front in 5 minutes and you can find something to eat, we skipped the fish n chips!
 

I made cakes on Wednesday to take into work yesterday, it being the 1 October tomorrow = another year older!  I borrowed the idea of making orea cupcakes, although my cupcakes are muffin sized.  The chooks, despite moulting, are laying quite nicely, we had a basket full.  They don't lay oreos by the way, I had to put them somewhere within reach which was away from my mouth!






And these are the 'cupcakes' a work in progress.  I should have taken an after shot but they were coated in chocolate frosting with crushed oreos sprinkled on top.  They went down well at work, there was silence for a few minutes and sounds of yum!!   They liked the surprise oreo as well!




And this little chap, he was stuck on the top of a large silver paper wrapped boxed which is currently in the fridge, I have an inkling on what is inside - I haven't shaken the box too hard.  This little fella may be eaten for breakfast!  I also have a rather nice bottle of St Emillion that I am going to tuck into {tomorrow}.





Tomorrow, Brian is away somwhere doing something for Air Cadets.  I'll be on my ownsome, if the present fairy hasn't got me some extended cutting mats for my cuttlebug, I'll be getting them myself, I'm not getting on with using two normal sized plates with the long dies!  I have stuff to finish off as I am off at another craft fair next week so it will be a case of hope the kids amuse themselves and me playing with paper and glue.


Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...