Thursday, 7 July 2011

A single layer...

...card. This is Cupcake challenge #149. How hard is it to not stick anything else down on a piece of card.  Well, I so wanted to stick something on it, a gem, ribbon, anything, but I came through it and here we go.  A plain and simple, single layer card!  I used a nestie scalloped circle die and some Verve stamps, got out the embossing powder for the balloon stamp, coloured using promarkers and some sakura, to give the bird some glitter :)


I also made another card for Mo Manning's Trudy's Party Dress challenge.  This time I have used the Tim Holtz kraft resist papers which I have distressed in various colours.  Also edged the scalloped circle with some distress inks.  Trudy is coloured using copics and promarkers and I have glazed her dress.  Nothing like a bit of shine.  I'm going to have to find some different silicone glue, the one I have currently is 'bleeding' through the card, which is making me an unhappy bunny.



I'm in the middle of something else, which is not a card!  Hopefully I will  have that finished for tomorrow which is also Friday which means that Morgan will be home (yay) he has had an exciting week as this has been his school activity week - going to places like Bewilderwood and the Dinosaur Park {lucky fella!}.  But, I am also going to be sad as some crafting buddies are having a weekend get together in Essex and I can't go (getting over the op & kid duties) well I have a bottle of Pimms by Lidl = Jeeves {thanks to Debbie for passing on that info, a word of warning Debbie makes nice stuff which includes food!!} to wash away my sorrow and so I will be there in spirit {sorry about that!}. 

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...