Saturday, 9 July 2011

090711 - Cas-ual {Saturday}

I've had a play along with the CAS-ual Fridays challenge - CFC10 - this week it is for shaped cards.  So here is mine....


I've made this card using the nesties labels 16 biggest die and then used the next size down for the matting, using a sheet of Basic Grey porcelain (from a 6x6 pad).  I found a chipboard star in my chipboard tub and painted that with some willow paint dauber., had to add some sparkle with some lemon ice stickles!!  The 'a wish for you' is one of my Stampin' Up stamps from the 'in the stars set', punched out with a star punch.  I mounted up the chipboard star a bit, just to add a bit more dimension.  And so there you have it.


And this, the coming to an end of a cup cake, we had a few raspberries from the allotment, not enough to make anything big, so I shoved them in to the cupcake mix.  Quite scrummy, what with the bit of tartness from the raspberry mixed with the sweetness of the cake.  Sadly, the cakes are on the decline!!!

It was the school summer fair (Genny & Ben's school) so Genny went down early for the cricket match, I pootled on down at 2pm with a view to not staying too long as not feeling 100% today.  Genny is also part of the choir and so she with her choir-mates, opened the fair with some singing, she sings good that girl.  My idea of not staying too long didn't happen, caught the final of the cricket match and then 'crawled' home at not long after 4pm.  I didn't have enough ooompf to wait for the medal ceremony - but I knew that Genny's team won!!  (I ended up with a late afternoon nap!) And, thankfully, the rain held off, it decided to chuck it down later this evening, complete with rumbles and bright lights.  It's got that nice fresh look outside now and the grass is looking rather green.

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...