Saturday, 20 November 2010

Phew!

Golly, today has been baking day. I made the Christmas cake yesterday, it cooled overnight and is now wrapped, fed, and in its tin. It'll get the odd feed during the week until marzipan day which may be next Saturday, we'll see how it goes!

Then, found some bread that really couldn't be fed to the kids unless they had loads and loads of sarnies today, so I made a bread pudding, not that they like it but I know someone who does! Finally, tested out a cookie recipe as that is what we are doing at Guides next week. They have come out rather nice, have been iced a bit (not by me) and I'm not exactly sure how many are now left! Some have had wool threaded through holes and hung in various places, but still, I don't hold out much hope of them being there for long.

Souped. Recipe #20 is up and so I have had a play, we have the Die-namics tree die which is rather lush and just runs through the cuttlebug with ease. Had to use my Dasher stamp, he is so gorgeous. Found a Papertrey set (forgot I had them, whoops), added some little snowflakes duly embossed as I wanted them to stand out a bit more. I have also used some stickles, you have to have some glitter, now don't you. Basically, I wanted the leaves of my tree to be Christmassy! Hope you like it.



Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...